Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Letter from Spain!

I got my letter from Spain today! I was looking for a normal-sized envelope (don't ask me why) so I almost missed it! My dad is the one who picked it out of the pile of letters and recognized it. Of course, being a letter from Spain, it is written 100% in formal Spanish and I don't understand a lot of what it says.


I have at this point figured out that I the official dates are October 1st through May 31st and I will be in a city called Haro in La Rioja. This is a little mountain town with a population of about 12,000 people and is thoroughly steeped in culture and tradition. The school is called Manuel Bartolomé Cossió and I haven't figured out anything about it yet...I have so much research to do now! First on the list though, is I have to find someone fluent in Spanish to help me read my letters! It feels real now...I'm actually going to Spain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment