Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back to the Daily Grind

Tomorrow is my first day back at work after being off for two weeks because of my surgery. I'm not really looking forward to going back, but at the same time, my money stash has been slowly dwindling. It's going to be strange going back to work because there have been some major changes going on while I've been gone. The Kindercare center closest to us has closed down and so we have had to take on most of their kids. Also, the two's teacher from that center will be taking over my job as two's teacher. It's a bittersweet moment because I will miss my kids, but at the same time I think I will enjoy floating.



This last week I have spent preparing for South Korea since the countdown is down to one month! I have been shopping my buns off trying to find some appropriate professional clothes for the extreme heat and humidity that I will be facing in the late summer months in Korea.


I also went to the doctor to get shots for international travel and got three in one day! Needless to say, both of my arms are sore at this point. I am also making sure that any electronic device that I may want to plug in over there is dual voltage..that way I can avoid buying an expensive converter! But I did get an adapter which apparently I may or may not have to use over in Korea. Will definitely be using it in Spain though. I also got a new bag that I can carry over my shoulder and rest on my hip or in Spain, that I will be carrying in front of me so nothing gets stolen!

On a good news front- I got my visa already! I sent it in on a Thursday and I just got it back two days ago! That equals out to one week and one day. Shocked at how fast it was! Now I'm just hoping that Spain gets my visa approved even half as fast as that and I will be set. I'm worried that I'm going to end up sitting around at home waiting for my Spanish visa and end up being a month late getting to my school.

Which by the way, I found a gorgeous picture of! Manuel Bartolomé Cossío is a high school in La Rioja...here is the picture:


 Some fun facts about Haro: Haro is known for its fine red wines and the annual Red Wine Festival (which I will not be able to attend :( ) where they have wine battles by dumping buckets of red wine on each other, wine drinking contests, etc. Haro is also known as the first town in Spain to have electric street lights! And this will give you a picture of just how old it is...the first mention of Haro in history is in the year 1040! 

On a different note...I have been practicing with my new camera and these are some favorites I have so far: 







No comments:

Post a Comment